VA - The Complete Stax-Volt Soul Singles Vol. 3, 1972-1975 [10 CD]

 


This 10-CD box set features all 213 soul singles released by Stax/Volt in this period (1972-1975) are contained in Volume 3, which like the previous compilations features a panoply of big hits as well as a surprising number of undeservedly obscure gems.

 




cd 1
01 - Eddie Floyd - Yum Yum Yum (I Want Some)
02 - Jean Knight - Carry On
03 - Isaac Hayes - Do Your Thing
04 - Frederick Knight - I've Been Lonely For So Long
05 - Annette Thomas - Nothing Is Everlasting
06 - The Soul Children - Hearsay
07 - Albert King - Angel Of Mercy
08 - The Dramatics - In The Rain
09 - Lee Sain - She's My Old Lady Too
10 - The Temprees - Explain It To Her Mama
11 - Sons Of Slum - Right On
12 - Johnnie Taylor - Doing My Own Thing (Part 1)
13 - The Emotions - My Honey And Me
14 - Isaac Hayes - Let's Stay Together (Instrumental)
15 - Hot Sauce - Bring It Home (And Give It To Me)
16 - Black Society - Look Around You
17 - The Nightingales - Don't Do It I'm With You
18 - The Staple Singers - I'll Take You There
19 - The Leaders - Which Way
20 - Veda Brown - Living A Life Without Love
21 - Harvey Scales - What's Good For You (Don't Have To Be Good To You)
22 - The Mad Lads - Let Me Repair Your Heart
23 - Eric Mercury - What's Usual Seems Natur'l
24 - Major Lance - I Wanna Make Up (Before We Break Up)

cd 2
01 - Isaac Hayes & David Porter - Ain't That Loving You (For More Reasons Than One)
02 - Little Milton - Walking The Back Streets And Crying
03 - William Bell - Save Us
04 - Rufus Thomas - 6-3-8
05 - Mel & Tim - Starting All Over Again
06 - Stefan - Keep On Loving Me
07 - David Porter - I'm Afraid The Masquerade Is Over
08 - Little Sonny - Goin' Down Slow (Parts 1 & 2)
09 - The Emotions - I Could Never Be Happy
10 - The Soul Children - Don't Take My Kindness For Weakness
11 - Albert King - I'll Play The Blues For You (Part 1)
12 - Roger Hatcher - I Dedicate My Life To You
13 - March Wind - Do The Sweetback
14 - Black Nasty - Gettin' Funky 'Round Here
15 - David Porter - When The Chips Are Down
16 - Carla Thomas - Sugar
17 - Eddie Floyd - You're Good Enough (To Be My Baby)
18 - The Staple Singers - This World
19 - Jean Knight - Helping Man
20 - John KaSandra - Ain't I Good

cd3
01 - The Bar-Kays - Dance, Dance, Dance (Part 1)
02 - The Temprees - Dedicated To The One I Love
03 - The Dramatics - Toast To The Fool
04 - Johnnie Taylor - Stop Doggin' Me
05 - Frederick Knight - Trouble
06 - Little Milton - I'm Gonna Cry A River
07 - Rufus Thomas - Itch And Scratch (Part 1)
08 - Ernie Hines - What Would I Do
09 - Veda Brown - I Know It's Not Right
10 - Stefan - Holy Cow
11 - Sons Of Slum - What Goes Around (Must Come Around)
12 - Isaac Hayes - Theme From The Men (Instrumental)
13 - Mavis Staples - Endlessly
14 - Inez Foxx - You Hurt Me For The Last Time
15 - John Gary Williams - My Sweet Lord
16 - Albert King - Breaking Up Somebody's Home
17 - Katie Love - How Can You Mistreat The One You Love
18 - The Emotions - From Toys To Boys
19 - Roy Lee Johnson & The Villagers - The Dryer (Vocal) (Part 1)
20 - Carla Thomas - I May Not Be All You Want (But I'm All You Got)
21 - Major Lance - Ain't No Sweat
22 - Jean Knight - Do Me
23 - Little Milton - Rainy Day

cd4
01 - The Soul Children - It Ain't Always What You Do (It's Who You Le See You Do It)
02 - Mel & Tim - I May Not Be What You Want
03 - Rufus Thomas - Funky Robot (Part 1)
04 - Johnnie Taylor - Don't You Fool With My Soul (Part 1)
05 - The Staple Singers - Oh La De Da
06 - Hot Sauce - What Do You See In Her
07 - The Temprees - A Thousand Miles Away
08 - The Dramatics - Hey You! Get Off My Moutain
09 - Isaac Hayes - Rolling Down A Mountainside
10 - The Bar-Kays - You're Still My Brother
11 - Jimmy Lewis - Stop Half Loving These Women
12 - William Bell - Lovin' On Borrowed Time
13 - Eddie Floyd - Lay Your Loving On Me
14 - Inez Foxx - The Time
15 - Mel & Tim - Heaven Knows
16 - Johnnie Taylor - I Believe In You (You Believe In Me)
17 - Veda Brown - Short Stopping
18 - The Staple Singers - Be What You Are
19 - Stefan - I've Got To Love Somebody's Baby
20 - Albert King - Playing On Me
21 - David Porter - Long As You're The One Somebody In The World

cd5
01 - Frederick Knight - This Is My Song Of Love To You
02 - The MGs - Sugarcone
03 - The Soul Children - Love Is A Hurtin' Thing
04 - Eddie Floyd - Baby, Lay Your Head Down (Gently On My Bed)
05 - Eddie Floyd - Check Me Out
06 - The Emotions - Runnin' Back (And Forth)
07 - Inez Foxx - Crossing Over The Bridge
08 - The Temprees - Love's Maze
09 - The Bar-Kays - It Ain't Easy
10 - Carla Thomas - Love Among People
11 - Little Milton - What It Is
12 - William Bell - I've Got To Go On Without You
13 - Eric Mercury - Love Is Taking Over
14 - Joe Hicks - Ruby Dean
15 - The Mad Lads - I'm So Glad I Fell In Love With You
16 - The Dramatics - Fell For You
17 - Johnnie Taylor - Cheaper To Keep Her
18 - Rufus Thomas - I KNow You Don't Want Me No More
19 - The Staple Singers - If You're Ready (Come Go With Me)
20 - The Sweet Inspirations - Slipped And Tripped
21 - The Emotions - Peace Be Still
22 - The Soul Children - I'll Be The Other Woman

cd6
01 - The Newcomers - The Martian Hop
02 - Inez Foxx - I Had A Talk With My Man
03 - The Temprees - At Last
04 - Isaac Hayes - Joy (Part 1)
05 - Hot Sauce - Good Woman Turning Bad
06 - John KaSandra - Mose (Part 3)
07 - Rufus Thomas - I'll Be Your Santa Baby
08 - Eddie Floyd - I Wanna Do Things For You
09 - Albert King - That's What The Blues Is All About
10 - Carolyn Hurley - One Way Love Affair
11 - Little Milton - Tin Pan Alley
12 - Rufus Thomas - The Funky Bird
13 - Johnnie Taylor - We're Getting Careless With Our Love
14 - The Emotions - What Do The Lonely Do At Christmas
15 - Cix Bits - Season's Greetings
16 - Eric Mercury - Don't Lose Faith In Me Lord
17 - Veda Brown - Don't Start Loving Me (If You're Gonna Stop)
18 - The Staple Singers - Touch A Hand, Make A Friend
19 - The Dramatics - And I Panicked
20 - Joy Fleming - Change It All

cd7
01 - William Bell - Gettin' What You Want (Losin' What You Got)
02 - Jacqui Verdell - He's Mine
03 - Little Sonny - My Woman Is Good To Me
04 - David Porter - I Got You And I'm Glad
05 - The Emotions - Put A Little Love Away
06 - Frederick Knight - Suzy
07 - Mel & Tim - The Same Folks
08 - The Temprees - You Make The Sunshine
09 - John Gary Williams - The Whole Damn World Is Going Crazy
10 - Inez Foxx - Circuit's Overload
11 - Isaac Hayes - Wonderful
12 - Little Milton - Behind Closed Doors
13 - Eddie Floyd - Guess Who
14 - The Sweet Inspirations - Dirty Tricks
15 - Roebuck Pops Staples - Whicha Way Did It Go
16 - Black Nasty - Talking To The People
17 - Johnnie Taylor - I've Been Born Again
18 - The MG's - Neckbone
19 - Sandra Wright - Wounded Woman
20 - Hot Sauce - Stop Doggin' Me
21 - Kim Weston - Goodness Gracious

cd8
01 - The Staple Singers - City In The Sky
02 - Isaac Hayes - Title Theme
03 - Eddie Floyd - Soul Street
04 - Albert King - Flat Tire
05 - The Soul Children - Love Makes It Right
06 - The Temprees - Mr. Cool That Ain't Cool
07 - Rufus Thomas - Boogie Ain't Nuttin' (But Gettin' Down)(Part 1)
08 - Ron Banks & The Dramatics - Highway To Heaven
09 - William Bell - Get It While It's Hot
10 - Frederick Knight - Passing Thru
11 - The Newcomers - Keep And Eye On Your Close Friends
12 - The Staple Singers - My Main Man-There Is A God
13 - Mel & Tim - That's The Way I Want To Live My Life
14 - Mel & Tim - Forever And A Day
15 - The Emotions - Baby, I'm Through
16 - Johnnie Taylor - It's September
17 - Shirley Brown - Woman To Woman
18 - Randy Brown & Company - Did You Hear Yourself (Part 1)
19 - Annette Thomas - You Need A Friend Like Mine
20 - The Temprees - I Love, I Love
21 - Little Milton - Let Me Back In

cd9
01 - Albert King - Crosscut Saw
02 - The Bar-Kays - Coldblooded
03 - Sir Mack Rice - Bump Meat
04 - The Newcomers - (Too Little In Common To Be Lovers) Too Much Going To Say Goodbye
05 - The Wrecking Crew - Bump And Boogie (Part 1)
06 - The Soul Children - What's Happening Baby (Part 1)
07 - The Staple Singers - Who Made The Man
08 - Brook Benton - I Keep Thinking To Myself
09 - Eddie Floyd - I Got A Reason To Smile (Cause I Got You)
10 - Bessie Banks - Try To Leave Me If You Can (I Bet You Can't Do It)
11 - Willie Singleton - Burning On Both Ends
12 - The Emotions - There Are More Questions Than Answers
13 - Albert King - Santa Claus Wants Some Lovin'
14 - Hot Sauce - I Can't Let You Go
15 - Frederick Knight - I Betcha Didn't Know That
16 - Sandra Wright - Lovin' You, Lovin' Me
17 - Rufus Thomas - Do The Double Bump
18 - The Temprees - Coma And Get Your Love
19 - Sir Mack Rice - Dark Skin Woman (Part 1)
20 - Shirley Brown - It Ain't No Fun
21 - Little Milton - If You Talk In Your Sleep
22 - Eddie Floyd - Talk To The Man

cd10
01 - Barbara & Joe - You're Astounding
02 - The Green Brothers - Dy-No-Mite (Did You Say My Love)
03 - The Dynamic - Soul Machine- Boom-A-Rang
04 - John Gary Williams - Come What May
05 - Johnnie Taylor - Try Me Tonight
06 - Freddie Waters - Groovin' On My Baby's Love
07 - The Fiestas - I Can't Shake Your Love
08 - Frederick Knight - I Wanna Play With You
09 - Albert King - I'm Doing Fine
10 - Teresa Davis - No Way (I Can Live Without You)
11 - The Staple Singers - Back Road Into Town
12 - Eddie Floyd - I'm So Glad I Met You
13 - Little Milton - Packed Up And Took My Mind
14 - Johnnie Taylor - Just Keep On Loving Me
15 - R.B. Hudmon - How Can I Be A Witness
16 - Rufus Thomas - Jump Back '75 (Part 1)
17 - The Staple Singers - I Got To Be Myself
18 - Shirley Brown - It's Worth A Whippin'
19 - The Bar-Kays - Holy Ghost (Part 1)