VA - Boogie Uproar: Texas Blues & R&B 1947-1954 [4 CD, 2006]

 

Clarence "Gatemouth" Brown and his Don Robey-produced sides are the clear stars here, but this 103-track set blankets the Lone Star State in its quest for the best blues sides! Includes My Time Is Expensive; Mary Is Fine Clarence "Gatemouth" Brown; Why Don't You Eat Where You Slept Last Night Zuzu Bollin; A Weary Silent Night James "Wide Mouth" Brown; My Baby Left Me Nelson Carson, and more.


Boogie Uproar disc 1

01-Clarence Gatemouth Brown - Gatemouth Boogie
02-Clarence Gatemouth Brown - Guitar In My Hand
03-Clarence Gatemouth Brown - After Sunset
04-Clarence Gatemouth Brown - Without Me Baby
05-Clarence Gatemouth Brown - Didn't Reach My Goal
06-Clarence Gatemouth Brown - Atomic Energy
07-Clarence Gatemouth Brown - Mercy On Me
08-Clarence Gatemouth Brown - My Time's Expensive
09-Clarence Gatemouth Brown - Mary Is Fine
10-Clarence Gatemouth Brown - I Live My Life
11-Clarence Gatemouth Brown - 2 O'Clock In The Morning
12-Clarence Gatemouth Brown - Boogie Rambler
13-Clarence Gatemouth Brown - I've Been Mistreated
14-Clarence Gatemouth Brown - It Can Never Be That Way
15-Clarence Gatemouth Brown - Justice Blues
16-Clarence Gatemouth Brown - Just Got Lucky
17-Clarence Gatemouth Brown - She Walk Right In
18-Clarence Gatemouth Brown - Win With Me Baby
19-Clarence Gatemouth Brown - Too Late Baby
20-Clarence Gatemouth Brown - Taking My Chances
21-Clarence Gatemouth Brown - Baby Take It Easy
22-Clarence Gatemouth Brown - She Winked Her Eye
23-Clarence Gatemouth Brown - Sad Hour
24-Clarence Gatemouth Brown - Pale Dry Boogie Part 1
25-Clarence Gatemouth Brown - Pale Dry Boogie Part 2


Boogie Uproar - disc 2


01-Clarence Gatemouth Brown - Dirty Work At The Crossroad
02-Clarence Gatemouth Brown - You Got Money
03-Clarence Gatemouth Brown - September Song
04-Clarence Gatemouth Brown - Boogie Uproar
05-Clarence Gatemouth Brown - Please Tell Me Baby
06-Clarence Gatemouth Brown - Hurry Back Good News
07-Clarence Gatemouth Brown - Gate Walks To Board
08-Clarence Gatemouth Brown - Midnight Hour
09-Clarence Gatemouth Brown - Good Looking Woman
10-Clarence Gatemouth Brown - For Now, So Long
11-Clarence Gatemouth Brown - That's Your Daddy Yaddy Yo
12-Clarence Gatemouth Brown - Okie Dokie Stomp
13-Clarence Gatemouth Brown - Depression Blues
14-Zuzu Bollin - Why Don't You Eat Where You Slept Last Night
15-Zuzu Bollin - Headlight Blues
16-Zuzu Bollin - Cry, Cry, Cry
17-Zuzu Bollin - Stavin' Chain
18-James Wide Mouth Brown - A Weary Silent Night
19-James Wide Mouth Brown - Boogie Woogie Nighthawk
20-Nelson Carson - My Baby Left Me
21-Nelson Carson - Lost
22-Nelson Carson - Crazy About My Baby
23-Nelson Carson - Waiting For Love
24-R.B. Thibadeaux - R.B. Boogie
25-R.B. Thibadeaux - New Kind Of Loving


Boogie Uproar - disc 3


01-Goree Carter - Love's A Gamble
02-Goree Carter - Christmas Time
03-Goree Carter - Sweet Ole Woman's Blues
04-Goree Carter - Back Home Blues
05-Goree Carter - Rock Awhile
06-Goree Carter - I'll Send You
07-Goree Carter - How Can You Love Me
08-Goree Carter - My Love Is Coming Down
09-Goree Carter - Hoy - Hoy
10-Goree Carter - I Just Thought Of You
11-Goree Carter - She's Just Old Fashioned
12-Goree Carter - Workin' With My Baby
13-Goree Carter - Is It True
14-Goree Carter - What A Friend Will Do
15-Goree Carter - She's My Best Bet
16-Goree Carter - Serenade
17-Goree Carter - Come On Let's Boogie
18-Goree Carter - Lonely World
19-Goree Carter - Drunk Or Sober
20-Goree Carter - You Are My Everything
21-Goree Carter - Every Dog Has His Day
22-Goree Carter - Everybody's Love Crazy
23-Goree Carter - I'm Just Another Fool
24-Goree Carter - If It's True What They Tell Me
25-Goree Carter - Let's Rock
26-Goree Carter - True Love Is Hard To Find


Boogie Uproar - disc 4


01-Goree Carter - Seven Days
02-Goree Carter - When Night Falls
03-Goree Carter - Bull Corn Blues
04-Goree Carter - My Wish
05-Goree Carter - I've Got News For You
06-Goree Carter - I'm Your Boogie Man
07-Goree Carter - Please Say You're Mine
08-Goree Carter - Tell Me, Is There Still A Chance
09-Goree Carter - Let's Make Love
10-Lester Williams - Winter Time Blues
11-Lester Williams - I'm So Glad I Could Jump And Shout
12-Lester Williams - Dowling Street Hop
13-Lester Williams - All I Need Is You
14-Lester Williams - I Know That Chick
15-Lester Williams - Don't Treat Me So Low Down
16-Lester Williams - Texas Town
17-Lester Williams - Hey Jack
18-Lester Williams - The Folks Around The Corner
19-Lester Williams - Mary Lou
20-Lester Williams - I Can't Lose With The Stuff I Use
21-Lester Williams - My Home Ain't Here
22-Lester Williams - Trying To Forget
23-Lester Williams - Let Me Tell You A Thing Or Two
24-Lester Williams - Lost Gal
25-Lester Williams - Sweet Lovin' Daddy
26-Lester Williams - Brand New Baby
27-Lester Williams - If You Knew How Much I Loved You