Rev. Gary Davis - Demons and Angels : The Ultimate Collection (3 CD, 2000/FLAC)


 Reverend Gary Davis, also Blind Gary Davis, (April 30, 1896 – May 5, 1972) was an American blues and gospel singer and guitarist, who was also proficient on the banjo and harmonica. His finger-picking guitar style influenced many other artists and his students in New York included Stefan Grossman, David Bromberg, Roy Book Binder, Larry Johnson, Woody Mann, Nick Katzman, Dave Van Ronk, Tom Winslow, Rory Block, and Ernie Hawkins.

He has influenced Bob Dylan, Grateful Dead, Jackson Browne, Townes van Zandt, Dave Van Ronk, Wizz Jones, Jorma Kaukonen, Keb' Mo', Ollabelle, Godspeed You Black Emperor!, Resurrection Band, and John Sebastian of The Lovin' Spoonful.





 
CD 1

01. Buck dance
02. Soldier's march
03. Baby, what you going to do
04. Twelve sticks (the dozens)
05. Save up your money, John D. Rockerfeller put the panoc on
06. I am the light of this world
07. Nobody cares for me
08. Slippin' 'til my gal comes in partner
09. Blues
10. Crucifixion
11. Rag blues in C
12. Blues in E
13. Square dance verses
14. Don't know where to go
15. He's my King
16. I'm throwin' up my hands (Ain't gonna work no more) (aka Mountain Jack blues)
17. Cross and evil woman blues
18. Keep your lamp trimmed and burning
19. I'm so tired of being all alone

CD 2

01. I Am The True Vine
02. Lord, Stand By Me
03. Won't You Hush
04. Mean Old World
05. Moon Is Going Down
06. Sportin' Life Blues
07. God's Gonna Separate
08. Soon My Work Will All Be Done
09. Blow Gabriel
10. Get Right Church
11. I Want To Be Saved
12. Oh Glory, How Happy I Am
13. There's Destruction In That Land (Message From Heaven)
14. Tired, My Soul Needs Resting
15. Georgia Camp Meeting
16. Bill Bailey
17. Honey Get Your Towel Wet
18. She Wouldn't Say Quit
19. You're Going To Quit Me Baby

CD 3

01. I'm Going To Sit Down On The Banks Of The River
02. Twelve Gates To The City
03. I Heard The Angels Sing
04. Twelve Sticks
05. It's A Long Wat To Tipperary
06. When The Train Comes Along
07. Little Boy, Little Boy Who Made Your Britches
08. All Night Long
09. Who Shall Deliver Poor Me
10. Jesus Met The Woman At The Well
11. Lord, Search My Heart
12. Lord, On Your Word
13. Let Us Get Together
14. Cocaine Blues
15. Devil's Dream
16. Blow Gabriel
17. Sun Is Going Down
18. Spoonful
19. Whistlin' Blues
20. Virgin Mary