Bob Dylan - Complete Infidels Sessions with Mark Knopfler & Mick Taylor [7 CD, 2008]

 

Infidels is the 22nd studio album by American singer-songwriter Bob Dylan, released on October 27, 1983 by Columbia Records.

Produced by Mark Knopfler and Dylan himself, Infidels is seen as his return to secular music, following a conversion to Christianity, three evangelical, gospel records and a subsequent return to a less religious lifestyle. Though he has never entirely abandoned religious imagery, Infidels gained much attention for its focus on more personal themes of love and loss, in addition to commentary on the environment and geopolitics.

After having jammed in Rundown Studios, Santa Monica, with many musicians during 1982 and been around New York City in early 1983, Bob Dylan went into Power Station, the famous New York Studio, in April 1983 with a handful of skilled musicians: from England; Mark Knopfler (guitar), Mick Taylor (guitar), and Alan Clark (keyboards) plus from Jamaica; Robbie Shakespeare (bass) and Sly Dunbar (drums) to record the Infidels album. This is a collection of all the known Infidels takes and re-mixes. All recordings are soundboard and have good sound. Some of the tracks from the Infidels recording sessions were not released on the Infidels album but ended later on other official releases of Bob Dylan: Blind Willy McTell, Foot of pride, Lord protect my child, Someone's got a hold of my heart and Tell me were officially released on The Bootleg Series Volumes 1-3. Death is not the end was officially released on Down in the groove. Clean cut kid is simply an early version of the song that would be re-recorded and released on the Empire Burlesque album. Taken from the original silver pressed bootleg box set "The complete Infidels sessions".

 

 

Powerstation, New York, USA, 11th April - 8th May 1983 (Infidels recording sessions)
Powerstation, New York, USA, early June - 5th July 1983 (overdub sessions)

CD1-1 Angel Flying Too Close To The Ground
CD1-2 Angel Flying Too Close To The Ground
CD1-3 Angel Flying Too Close To The Ground
CD1-4 Blind Willie McTell
CD1-5 Blind Willie McTell
CD1-6 Blind Willie McTell
CD1-7 Neigbourhood Bully
CD1-8 Neigbourhood Bully
CD1-9 Neigbourhood Bully
CD1-10 Neigbourhood Bully
CD1-11 Neigbourhood Bully
CD1-12 Neigbourhood Bully
CD1-13 Clean Cut Kid
CD1-14 Dark Groove
CD1-15 Dark Groove
CD1-16 Don't Fly Unless It's Safe
CD1-17 Don't Fly Unless It's Safe

CD2-1 Death Is Not The End
CD2-2 Death Is Not The End
CD2-3 Death Is Not The End
CD2-4 Don't Fall Apart On Me Tonight
CD2-5 Don't Fall Apart On Me Tonight
CD2-6 Don't Fall Apart On Me Tonight
CD2-7 Don't Fall Apart On Me Tonight
CD2-8 Don't Fall Apart On Me Tonight
CD2-9 Don't Fall Apart On Me Tonight
CD2-10 Don't Fall Apart On Me Tonight
CD2-11 Foot Of Pride
CD2-12 Foot Of Pride
CD2-13 Julius & Ethel
CD2-14 Julius & Ethel

CD3-1 I & I
CD3-2 I & I
CD3-3 I & I
CD3-4 I & I
CD3-5 I & I
CD3-6 Jokerman
CD3-7 Jokerman
CD3-8 Jokerman
CD3-9 Jokerman
CD3-10 Jokerman
CD3-11 License To Kill
CD3-12 License To Kill
CD3-13 License To Kill
CD3-14 License To Kill

CD4-1 Lord Protect My Child
CD4-2 Lord Protect My Child
CD4-3 Man Of Peace
CD4-4 Man Of Peace
CD4-5 Man Of Peace
CD4-6 Man Of Peace
CD4-7 Man Of Peace
CD4-8 Someone's Got A Hold Of My Heart
CD4-9 Someone's Got A Hold Of My Heart
CD4-10 Sweetheart Like You
CD4-11 Sweetheart Like You
CD4-12 Sweetheart Like You
CD4-13 Sweetheart Like You
CD4-14 Sweetheart Like You

CD5-1 Tell Me
CD5-2 Tell Me
CD5-3 This Was My Love
CD5-4 This Was My Love
CD5-5 Union Sundown
CD5-6 Union Sundown
CD5-7 Union Sundown
CD5-8 Union Sundown
CD5-9 Union Sundown

CD6-1 Sweetheart Rehearsals 1
CD6-2 Sweetheart Rehearsals 2

CD7-1 Sweetheart Rehearsals 3