VA - Blues Spirit (with Muddy Waters, John Lee Hooker, Bessie Smith and many more) [10 CD, 2004]

 


Budget price box set from Centurion Blues label



Disc 1:
01 John Lee Hooker- Helpless Blues
02 Bessie Smith- Careless Love Blues
03 Lightnin’ Hopkins- You’re Not Goin’ To Worry My Life Anymore
04 Arthur Big Boy Crudup- Keep Your Arms Around Me
05 Jelly Roll Morton- If Someone Would Only Love Me
06 John Lee Hooker- Crawlin’ King Snake
07 Dr. Clayton- ’41 Blues
08 Bessie Smith- Gulf Coast Blues
09 Arthur Big Boy Crudup- Dirt Road Blues
10 John Lee Hooker- Boom Boom
11 Memphis Minnie- Bumble Bee
12 Big Joe Turner- I Got My Discharge Papers
13 Big Bill Broonzy- Good Liquor Gonna Carry Me Down
14 Lonnie Johnson- Keep What You Got
15 John Lee Williamson- Bad Luck Blues
16 Big Bill Broonzy- How You Want It Done
17 Brownie McGhee- I’m A Black Woman’s Man
18 Champion Jack Dupree- Dupree Shake Dance

Disc 2:
01 Lightnin’ Hopkins- Feel So Bad
02 John Lee Hooker- Henry’s Swing Club
03 Bessie Smith- Dying Gambler’s Blues
04 Muddy Waters- Burr Clover Blues
05 Sonny Terry- All Allone Blues
06 Blind Boy Fuller- I’m A Rattlesnakin’ Daddy
07 Big Bill Broonzy- It’s Your Time Now
08 Jelly Roll Morton- Fussy Mabel
09 Champion Jack Dupree- Chain Gang Blues
10 Big Joe Turner- Howlin’ Winds
11 Huddie ‘Leadbelly’ Ledbetter- Good Morning Blues
12 John Lee Williamson- Black Panter Blues
13 Roosevelt Sykes- 15C A Day
14 Muddy Waters- Gypsy Woman
15 John Lee Williamson- I Have Got To Go
16 Big Joe Turner- Johnson And Turner Blues
17 Robert Johnson- Cross Road Blues
18 Brownie McGhee- Born For Bad Luck

Disc 3:
01 John Lee Hooker- Hard Headed Woman
02 Muddy Waters- You Gonna Miss Me
03 Blind Boy Fuller- Bye Bye Baby Blues
04 Sonny Terry- Blowing The Blues
05 Jelly Roll Morton- Each Day
06 Robert ‘Barbecue Bob’ Hicks- Barbeque Blues
07 John Lee Williamson- Check Up On My Baby Blues
08 Sonny Terry- Crow Jane Blues
09 Leadbelly- I’m On My Last Go Round
10 John Lee Hooker- Find Me A Woman
11 Champion Jack Dupree- Gamblin Man Blues Champion
12 Leroy Carr- Good Woman Blues
13 Jelly Roll Morton- High Society
14 John Lee ‘Sonny Boy’ Williamson- Whiskey Headed Blues
15 John Lee Hooker- Huckle Up Baby
16 Big Joe Williams- I Know You Gonna Miss Me
17 Brownie McGhee- I’m Callin’ Daisy
18 Big Joe Turner- I’m Still In The Dark

Disc 4:
01 Muddy Waters- I Be Bound To Write To You
02 John Lee Hooker- Do My Baby Think Of Me
03 Leadbelly- Eagle Rock Rag
04 Lightnin’ Hopkins- West Cost Blues
05 Jelly Roll Morton- Blue Blood Blues
06 Brownie McGhee And Blind Boy Fuller- Good-Bye Now
07 Champion Jack Dupree- Warehouse Man Blues
08 Blind Willie Mc Tell- Georgia Rag
09 Arthur Big Boy Crudup- Crudup’s After Hours
10 T-Bone Walker- Hard Pain Blues
11 Kokomo Arnold- Man Blues
12 Big Joe Williams- I’m Getting Wild About Her
13 Jelly Roll Morton- West End Blues
14 Muddy Waters- 32-20 Blues
15 T-Bone Walker- I Know Your Wig Is Gone
16 Big Joe Williams- Highway 49
17 Brownie McGhee- Be Good To Me
18 Mississippi John Hurt- Avalon Blues

Disc 5:
01 Bessie Smith- Beale Street Mama
02 Lightnin’ Hopkins- Blues That Mean Old Twister-
03 Muddy Waters- I Be’s Troubled
04 John Lee Hooker- Hobo Blues
05 Sonny Terry- Custard Pie Blues
06 Brownie McGhee- Coal Miner Blues
07 Leadbelly- Fort Worth And Dallas Blues
08 Sonny Terry- Harmonica And Washboard Breakdown
09 Sonny Terry And Brownie Mc Ghee- Baby Let’s Have Some Fun
10 Arthur Big Boy Crudup- Give Me A 32-20
11 Big Joe Williams- 49 Highway Blues
12 Bessie Smith- Easy Come, Easy Go Blues
13 T-Bone Walker- Goodbye Blues
14 Ice Moore- I’m Going Fishing Too
15 Champion Jack Dupree- Cabbage Greens No. 1
16 David Edwards- Don’t Be So Evil
17 Alice Moore- Money Tree Man
18 Memphis Minnie- Moonshine

Disc 6:
01 Lightnin’ Hopkins- Honey Babe
02 John Lee Hooker- I Need Lovin’
03 Bessie Smith- Cake Walkin’ Babies, From Home
04 T-Bone Walker- I’m Gonna Find My Baby
05 Leadbelly- Four Day Worry Blues
06 Sonny Terry- Harmonica Blues
07 Big Joe Williams- Baby Please Don’t Go
08 Brownie McGhee- Dealing With The Devil
09 Bukka White- Aberdeen Mississippi Blues
10 Big Joe Williams- Break ‘em On Down
11 Big Joe Turner- Goin’ To Chicago Blues
12 Sonny Terry- Beer Garden Blues
13 Crayton- Blues After Hours
14 T-Bone Walker- Don’t Give Me The Runaround
15 Mississippi John Hurt- Got The Blues Can’t Be Satisfied-
16 Leadbelly- Easy Rider
17 Muddy Waters- I Can’t Be Satisfied
18 Big Bill Broonzy- W.P.A. Rag

Disc 7:
01 T-Bone Walker- I’m In An Awful Mood
02 Bessie Smith- Baby Won’t You Jump With Me
03 Lightnin’ Hopkins- I Can’t Stay Here In Your Town
04 Leadbelly- Death Letter Blues
05 Lonnie Johnson- Four Hands Are Better Than Two
06 Sonny Terry- Harmonica Stomp
07 T-Bone Walker- Don’t Leave Me Baby
08 Crayton- After Hours Boogie
09 John Lee Williamson- Better Cut That Out
10 T-Bone Walker- Call Is Stormy Monday But Tuesday Is Just As Bad
11 John Lee Williamson- Hoo Doo Hoodoo
12 Peter Chatman & His Washboard Band- Blues At Midnight
13 Bessie Smith- Cold In Hand Blues
14 John Lee Hooker- Goin’mad Blues
15 Joe Williams- Every Day
16 Brownie McGhee- Got To Find My Little Woman
17 Big Joe Williams- Brother James
18 Jimmy Yancey- Two O’ Clock Jump

Disc 8:
01 John Lee Hooker- Four Woman In My Life
02 Muddy Waters- I Feel Like Going Home
03 Lightnin’ Hopkins- Can’t Do Like You Used To
04 Bessie Smith- Aggravatin’ Papa
05 Big Bill Broonzy- Big Billy Blues
06 Blind Boy Fuller- I Want Some Of Your Pie
07 Alice Moore- Grass Cutter Blues
08 Blind Boy Fuller- Baby You Gotta Change Your Mind
09 John Lee Williamson- Good Gal Blues
10 Big Bill Broonzy- Horny Frog
11 Brownie McGhee- Death Of Blind Boy Fuller
12 Big Joe Turner- I’m In Sharp When I Hit The Cost
13 Jelly Roll Morton- Harmony Blues
14 Blind Boy Fuller- Brownskin Sugar Plum
15 Sonny Terry- Train Whistle Blues
16 Lightnin’ Hopkins- Come Back Baby
17 Big Joe Turner- Nobody In My Mind
18 Laurindo Almeida & Bud Shank- Noctambulism

Disc 9:
01 Bessie Smith- Down Hearted Blues
02 Leadbelly- Alabama Bound
03 John Lee Hooker- Grinder Man
04 Lightnin’ Hopkins- Have To Let You Go
05 John Lee ‘Sonny Boy’ Williamson- I Win The War Blues
06 Hot Lips Page- Evil Man’s Blues
07 Mary Johnson- Delmar Avenue
08 T-Bone Walker- Bobby Sox Baby
09 Brownie McGhee- Back Door Stranger
10  Lightnin’ Hopkins- Can’t Get That Woman Out Of My Mind
11 John Lee ‘Sonny Boy’ Williamson- Black Gal Blues
12 T-Bone Walker- I Got A Break Baby
13 Big Bill Broonzy- Come Home Early
14 Sonny Terry- Fox Chase
15 John Lee Hooker- I’m In The Mood
16 John Lee Williamson- Good Gravy
17 Sonny Terry- Hot Headed Woman
18 Sleepy John Estes- Brownsville Blues

Disc 10:
01 John Lee Hooker- Boogie Chillen
02 Muddy Waters- Country Blues
03 T-Bone Walker- Dream Girl Blues
04 Lightnin’ Hopkins- Fast Mail Rambler
05 Bessie Smith- He’s Gone Blues
06 Mississippi John Hurt- Candy Man Blues
07 Memphis Slim- Grinder Man Blues
08 John Lee Hooker- House Rent Boogie
09 Big Bill Broonzy- Friendless Blues
10 John Lee Hooker- Black Man Blues
11 Skip James- Devil Got My Woman
12 John Lee Hooker- Alberta
13 Big Bill Broonzy- Bull Cow Blues
14 Lonnie Johnson- Backwater Blues
15 John Lee Hooker- I Want To Shout
16 Big Bill Broonzy- Good Jelly
17 Big Joe Turner- I Got Love For Sale
18 ‘Tennessee’ Ernie Ford- I’ll Never Be Free